What are they? What are the kinds of urban licenses? When is a license not required? These are some of the questions resolved in this document.
What is an urban license?
It is a prior authorization to develop, divide, subdivide or build a property. For existing buildings, a license is required to reinforce it and modify it, expand it or adapt it to another use; also for the closing of any property.
What are the classes?
There are five types:
• Of urbanization.
• Of subdivision.
• Of subdivision and its modalities.
• Construction and its modalities.
• Of intervention and occupation of public space (its study and procedure correspond to the municipal or district planning office)
What should be done when construction is not licensed?
The recognition of the construction must be requested, which will act as a license, without prejudice to the respective sanctions for said urban infringement.
When is it not required?
When maintenance or local repair works are carried out on any building, aimed at maintaining the property in proper hygienic and ornamental conditions.
To request and obtain urban licenses
Who can request them? The owners, the possessors, the legal representative of the financial entity to which the owner has delegated the administration of the management of the property.
All license applications must be accompanied by the following documents:
-Single national form for the application for urban planning licenses, duly filled out.
-Copy of the certificate of freedom and tradition of the property, issued by the public registry and instruments office with an issue date of no more than one month.
– If the applicant is a legal entity, the certificate of existence and legal representation must be provided, with an issue date of no more than one month.
– Power of attorney duly granted or authorization when acting through a third party.
– Copy of the last five payments of the property tax or document that proves its settlement and payment, or payment agreement with the certification of compliance.
– Location map and identification of the property (plot plan).
– Relationship of the address of the neighbours who have a common boundary with the property that is the object of the request.
– In addition to the above, specific documents are required for each class of license.
It is the authorization to execute in one or several properties on urban land, the creation of public and private spaces, the construction of roads and the works that allow the adaptation of these lands for the future construction of buildings with urban destinations.
These can only be issued in Bogotá in the areas that the POT expressly authorizes and according to the urban regulations that are set for it.
It is the authorization to divide one or several properties into urban, rural or urban expansion, according to the land-use plan.
It is the authorization to divide, redistribute or modify the subdivision of one or more urbanized properties.
It is the authorization to develop a property with buildings or constructions in accordance with current regulations.
New construction: it is the authorization to develop works on non-built land.
Expansion: it is the authorization to increase the area built in existing buildings that have a construction license.
Adequacy: it is the authorization to change the use of a building or part of it, without altering the original construction.
Modification: it is the authorization to change the architectural or structural design of an existing building without increasing the built area.
Restoration: it is the authorization to develop works in order to recover and adapt a building declared as an asset of cultural interest or part of it, maintaining its original use or allowing the development of another, guaranteeing its conservation.
Demolition: it is the authorization to totally or partially demolish one or more existing buildings on one or more properties. This type of license must be processed simultaneously with another type.
Enclosure: it is the authorization to permanently enclose a privately owned property.
License for intervention and occupation of public space
It is the authorization to occupy or intervene in public property, in accordance with the rules of the Land Use Plan.
The issuance of this class of licenses corresponds solely to the District Planning Administrative Department or the Urban Development Institute, as the case may be:
• Licenses for intervention and occupation of public space: public space workshop, District Planning Administrative Department.