According to Law 675 of 2001, the administrator of a group is the representation of the legal person and is elected in the owners’ assembly.
Article 51 of Chapter XI of said Law establishes that this person has the powers of execution, conservation, representation and collection, and sets forth each of their functions.
In Metrocuadrado.com we made a count of them. Here we tell you what they are:
1. Its main responsibility is to call the assembly to ordinary or extraordinary meetings and in them submit for its approval the inventory and general balance of the accounts of the previous year. Likewise, show a detailed budget of expenses and income corresponding to the New Year.
2. It is your obligation to keep the minute’s books of the assembly and registration of owners and residents and attend to the correspondence related to the building or complex.
3. It must inform the owners and residents of the building or complex, the minutes of the general assembly and of the board of directors, if any.
4. The administrator’s functions also include preparing and submitting the annual accounts, the report for the annual general assembly of owners, the budget for each term, and the general balance of the budget for the previous year for consideration by the board of directors.
5. You must keep under your dependence and responsibility, the accounting of the building or complex.
6. Law 675 also establishes that it must diligently and carefully administer the assets owned by the legal entity.
7. Likewise, it is the responsibility of the administrators of horizontal property, to take care of and monitor the common goods and to execute the acts of administration, conservation and disposition of the same in accordance with the powers and restrictions established in the regulations.
8. It is the person in charge of collecting and collecting, directly or through proxies, the ordinary and extraordinary fees, fines, and in general, any obligation in charge of the owners or occupants of property of private domain of the building or complex, initiating opportunely the judicial collection of the same, without the need for any authorization.
9. Raise a public deed and register the amendments to the horizontal property regulations approved by the general assembly of owners, and register with the competent entity all acts related to the existence and legal representation of the legal entity.
10. Represent judicially and extra-judicially the legal person and grant special powers for such purposes, when the need so requires.
11. Notify the owners of private assets, by the means indicated in the respective horizontal property regulations, the sanctions imposed against them by the general assembly or the board of directors, as the case may be, for breach of obligations.
12. Make effective the sanctions for non-compliance with the obligations set forth in this law, in the horizontal property regulations and in any internal regulations.
13. Issue the peace and safety of accounts with the administration of the building or complex every time there is a change in the holder or owner of a property of a particular domain.
14. The other functions provided for in this law in the horizontal property regulations, as well as those defined by the general assembly of owners.